Monday, April 16, 2012

Our Current Events...

OK, not only do I need a vacation, I desperately need a massage.  There are probably dozens of knots in my back and my shoulders.  This tax season is wearing me down...down....down......



I'll be glad when tomorrow is over. These past few weeks have been super busy that I hardly have time for anything else.  Minh is the one cleaning the house and doing the laundry.  I haven't cooked, either. 

Speaking of vacation, we actually had a mini weekend getaway back in March.  Minh and I went to Hawaii for a weekend.  Why didn't we stay longer?  Cuz it was tax season, plus he's used most of his pto for his surgery.  For those that haven't yet heard, he had his thyroid removed, because the doctors found a cancerous tumor.  He stayed home for 3 weeks and recovered really well.

So anyway, we went to Hawaii for my friend's daughter's one-year-old birthday party.  We had a ton of fun!  Honolulu was so different from Maui (we went to Maui for my bff's wedding 2 years ago).  Roads were bigger, drivers more impatient, more cars, etc.  I think next time we go to Hawaii, I would choose Maui. 

And we have a road trip coming up in a few weeks.  My bff (the one that got married in Hawaii 2 years ago) is having her baby shower in San Francisco, and I would not miss it for the world!  Minh actually prefers flying, but the tickets were way too expensive, so I talked him into driving.  Then I used my Priceline.com magic power and got our hotel room for $55 a night, while the regular price is $109 a night.  We're also saving a lot on the car rental by having AAA membership.  Naturally, all the money saved went to buying the baby shower presents, which the parents-to-be have already received.  I got a text from my bff over the weekend screaming how much they loved the presents.

Then we have my sister-in-law's wedding in San Diego this summer.  That reminds me that it's time to get my butt in gear so I'll be able to zip up my dress.  She's appointed me as the matron of honor.  :-)

Since we're saving to buy a house, I don't think we'll do any long distance traveling this year.  Might do Vegas after the October tax season, though.  It'll be fun.

Nowadays I don't write on my blogs a lot, but I'm always on Plurk, and occasionally on Facebook.  So if you miss me (LOL), hit me up on Plurk or Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment