Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Right Person at the Right Time

After Minh and I met, we both talked about how we wished we had met each other sooner.  It was obvious to us that we were right for each other, yet it took such a long time for us to meet.  We lived so close to each other (in Southern California, a 10-minute drive is close, trust me), he went to the same high school as my sisters, and we both knew Ryan. Ryan is this boy I met during the first year of living in the US, back in 1992.  Apparently, Minh and Ryan went to the same middle school, and are best friends with the same guy. 



If I hadn't gone to a magnet school instead of the local high school, Minh and I would have met a long, long time ago.  He insists, however, that I would not have liked him back then.  Perhaps he is right.  Although I wasn't particularly attracted to bad boys, I had met some not so good ones; and Minh had his share of heart breaks as well.

I regret nothing.  Whatever happened in life was the result of my decision and karma, and I have learned to accept it and move on.  However, I still wish, from time to time, that Minh and I had met earlier on in life.

One day, when I told him that it would have been so nice if we had met sooner, he brought up a really good point.  He said that if we each had not gone through what we went through, we may not have learned how to appreciate each other so much so.  I think he is right.

Each person we meet in life comes at the right time for the right purpose, even when the events that take place may at the time seem wrong.  And Minh and I met at the right time.  We were at the point of life where we wanted to share the rest of our lives with someone that we could love and be loved.  We knew what we wanted, and we both almost gave up searching for that special someone. 

I shall always remember that fateful evening of November 2, 2008, when we kissed good night in the parking lot, not wanting the night to end.  I knew that I had met the right person, finally.


We got married on 11/2/2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment