Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring Allergy SUCKS BIG BUTT!

It's so true that people's body changes every 7 (or is it 10?) years.  I used to have no allergies of any kind, and was always proud of it, until two years ago.  The first time I got teary eyed and itchy from my sister's cat, I wasn't sure what the heck was going on.  But repeated occurrences proved that I had in fact become allergic to cats, at least the long-haired ones.



Now I'm getting spring allergies, it seems.  Upon the realization, all I could was put my head down and curse.  During my morning drive, everything was fine, until I out of the blue let out four or five sneezes.  As soon as the sneeze-fest was over, my head felt heavy, almost like a cold.  "Oh crap, I'm getting sick", I thought.  All morning my nose was runny and the sinus pressure almost unbearable.  Then in the afternoon the runny nose went away, and the sinus pressure subsided.  I told my sister about it, and she was pretty sure that it was allergy.

Then it happened again this morning, and the symptoms were worse!  I felt like CRAP even after lunch.  My sister offered a Claritin fast-relif gel tablet, which stopped the runny nose but not the sinus pressure.  Luckily Sean was quite understanding and let me leave early.

I napped a bit, and am up now.  Do I feel better?  Just a tad.  The sinus pressure is still there but no more runny nose.  I'm 99% sure that I don't have a cold, because I feel differently with a cold. I've finally come upon what people refer to as "spring allergy" now.  What's next, huh?  (staring at myself in the mirror)

No comments:

Post a Comment